If you ask most people what is their one major objective in life, they would probably give you a vague answer, such as, “I want to be successful, be happy, make a good living,” and that is it.
These are all wishes and none of them are clear goals. This also explains why you are frustrated in the process.
Goals must be SMART:
1. S–specific: For example, “I want to lose weight.” This is wishful thinking. It becomes a goal when I pin myself down to “I will lose 10 pounds in 90 days.”
2. M–must: be measurable: If we cannot measure it, we cannot accomplish it. Measurement is a way of monitoring our progress.
3. A–must be achievable: Achievable means that it should be out of reach enough to be challenging but it should not be out of sight, otherwise it becomes disheartening.
4. R–realistic: A person who wants to lose 50 pounds in~30 days is being unrealistic.
5. T–time-bound: There should be a starting date and a finishing date.
Author: BABALOLA OMONIYI
Please comment your opinion on this and add something yours…
229 total views, 2 views today